Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X won't save when I move the text in title card...???

It saves and works fine on all other changes I do, but for some reason it won't save when I move the text in Basic Title. It saves when I move the whole card, but when I move just the text it doesn't save. Meaning when I upload my video to Vimeo, it didn't register the change. Also, if I restart FCP, the position of the text is back to where it was.

Hard to explain... please check out my video, my issue is at xx:xx and xx:xx. You see how the names of the characters are too far to the right? I move them to the left and make it look perfect but for some frustrating reason it wont register... help!!

issue is at 04:25 (want to move the words to the left, without moving the whole card.. I want the text in the dark grey..) and 04:34 (same thing, want to move it to the left..) Now just to be clear, I AM ABLE TO MOVE IT TO THE LEFT, but for some reason FCP is not registering it. When I upload to vimeo OR shut down and reopen FCP, it is back to the way I do not want it...

Issue is at 04:25 and 04:34

https://vimeo.com/129051844

Please help!

Thanks!

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on May 27, 2015 5:24 PM

7 replies

May 28, 2015 5:54 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Which version of the software are you using?

Don't drag out the left edge of the text block. Press the escape key to deselect the key. Click and drag the whole text block.

P.S. Avoid putting the text on the edge of the screen, especially the bottom. Most online players, like Vimeo and YouTube, when the player controls are active, cut off the bottom of the screen.

P.P.S. which FCP title are you using? This isn't behaving quite like the basic title.

FCP X won't save when I move the text in title card...???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.