Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Receiving Messages

My brother and I both have IPhone 6s with At&t. My brother, dad and I use the same Apple account. My dad and I have no problems sending messages to one another. However, my brother isn't receiving my messages. We can call one another. He can send text and iMessages to me (I receive them) but he can't receive my messages I send to him. I tried sending them as text and iMessages but neither worked. We updated his phone, so we both have the most recent iOS. I don't know what to do, I am open to any help.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 2:40 PM

1 reply

May 29, 2015 2:01 PM in response to STL95

Hello STL95,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that there are three of you using the same Apple ID and some problems have arisen with phone calls and messages. To help isolate and resolve this issue, I would suggest your brother and your father create their own Apple IDs and use them on their own devices. If you would like to continue sharing content between all three people, you may consider using Family Sharing. Please use the articles below for information on creating and using new Apple IDs and information on Family Sharing.

Create and start using an Apple ID - Apple Support

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Problems with Receiving Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.