Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone reset text message

I got a text notification and then my screen went black, apple sign came up phone turned back on loads for a few seconds text notification comes up goes off again and restarts in a continuous cycle, tried taking sim out to stop texts coming through but it still comes up, tried plugging it in on charge, tried waiting for phone to die but its been on 1% for 2 hours and still on, phone is red hot and i can't access anything as it restarts within seconds PLEASE HELP

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on May 27, 2015 3:32 PM

14 replies

May 27, 2015 4:37 PM in response to Helenas19

Hello!

JUst wanted to inform you that there is a bug in apples iOS software right now where if you get a certain text message your phone will reboot. I have looked up articles online and it is in the process of being fixed. The best you could do if it really messed up your phone is a restore. Or, try holding down the home button and lock bottom simultaneously to do a hard reset.

May 27, 2015 4:42 PM in response to kcheesey

kcheesey wrote:

JUst wanted to inform you that there is a bug in apples iOS software right now where if you get a certain text message your phone will reboot. I have looked up articles online and it is in the process of being fixed. The best you could do if it really messed up your phone is a restore. Or, try holding down the home button and lock bottom simultaneously to do a hard reset.

As the article I linked to in the first response in this thread indicates, it doesn't cause all phones to reboot. In the majority of cases, it cause Messages to crash on opening. And one should always try a reset BEFORE trying a restore.

iPhone reset text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.