Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My FaceTime is calling random people?

I've just received a message from someone saying that my FaceTime has been calling them over the last few months. The problem is, that I haven't. I have never even seen their number before. I have now changed my details for my Apple id but am quite concerned. Can anyone shed any light on this?

iPad Air

Posted on May 27, 2015 3:01 PM

7 replies

May 27, 2015 3:24 PM in response to Demo

Exactly. I'm so utterly confused. I literally have no idea. I thought maybe my Apple id may have been hacked somehow and someone else was doing, hence me changing my details, but I really don't know. My FaceTime is linked to my email, not my number as I do not have an iPhone, so I do not even know how this person would have got access to it. Apparently, it's been happening from around the time I purchased my iPad a few months ago, but I got it brand new from Apple, which is even more confusing.

May 27, 2015 3:31 PM in response to louise134

I wish that I had a clue, but I don't. If your email address is your contact address for FaceTime like mine was before I got an iPhone, then that could mean that someone that knows your email address and Apple ID password is doing this. Anybody that knows your credentials could sign in on another device and FaceTime using your ID.

My FaceTime is calling random people?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.