Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I literally stop my MacBook Air early 2008 from shutting down a processor core whenever reaching extreme temperatures?

My early 2008 MBA has a intel core 2 duo @1.6 GHz, which heats up with little or no use at all. Just when Internet Browsing I'm reaching around 55 C. The most I've ever seen my MBA heat up is to 87 C (i have smcFanControl). I've seen past discussions where it says that this MBAwhen reaching around 65C, one of the two processor cores shut down to reduce heat. I want to literally stop the core shutdown, no matter at what temperature the computer is at, I want both cores on always. Is there a way to delete the process or program, or whatever it is that makes the cores shut down? Dont tell me to buy or install coolbook or stuff like that. Yet id like to know if a free alternative to coolbook, but what I mostly want

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Intel MacBook Air 1.1 (early 2008)

Posted on May 27, 2015 3:34 PM

There are no replies.

How do I literally stop my MacBook Air early 2008 from shutting down a processor core whenever reaching extreme temperatures?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.