Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime takes forever to start and uses 99% of the processor.

Summary: I'm using FaceTime v.3.0 (2211) and it's taking forever (several minutes) to launch on Mac. Launching the app is using 99% of the processor and kicks the fan into high gear. FaceTime used to run fine several months ago. I don't know what may have changed during that time but it no longer works.

I'm trying to use FaceTime for making and receiving calls on my cell. I believe I may have a corrupt installation or one of the supporting files is corrupt. Here are the other symptoms:

• Receiving a call: When a call comes in on my cell, both my phone and iPad ring right away (as expected) but my computer comes tries to answer about 10 minutes later.
  • Making a call: I hover over the number, tell the mac to make the call with the iPhone and then the mac tries to launch FaceTime and 5 min later, it asks if I'd like to connect the call.

I'm using a MacBook Pro (15", Late 2008) running OS X 10.10.3

Does anyone know how to reinstall this version? It looks to be a different version than is in the app store.

Posted on May 27, 2015 3:05 PM

There are no replies.

FaceTime takes forever to start and uses 99% of the processor.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.