Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad, missing journal from iPhotos, how do I find this text?

I downloaded IOS 8.2 and lost my written journals, important text I had written out in my iPhoto in journals.

Does anyone have a simple way to find and retrieve this text after IPAD now has IOS 8.2?

Thank you!

Posted on May 27, 2015 4:33 PM

2 replies

May 29, 2015 2:57 PM in response to Tetrad03

Hi there Tetrad03,

I understand you are looking for some information that you had stored in iPhoto after converting your library to Photos. I have an article with some information that may help you understand why you are not able to find this data:

Photo Books, Web Journals, and Slideshows are converted into regular albums in Photos. Text and layouts are not preserved.

Migrating from iPhoto for iOS to Photos on iOS 8 - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201386

If you feel like this does not describe your situation, you may want to look through the other data attached to your photos in Photos:

View and add information about photos - Photos Help

https://help.apple.com/photos/mac/1.0/#/phta4e5a733f

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Braden

Jun 18, 2016 5:25 PM in response to Tetrad03

Let me clarify my question:

So a while back, I updated my ipad now I have iOS 9.3.2

Not realizing I would loose my important diary (TEXT), in iphotos.

So I have the iphoto icon still on my ipad, can I get around migrating photos some how and save my text?

Now according to this article below the "text and layouts are not preserved."

Link below:

Migrating from iPhoto for iOS to Photos on iOS 8 - Apple Support

User uploaded file

I still have the iphoto app icon on my ipad, is there a work around this loss? is there a way to preserve text that I lost in iphoto after downloading new iOS?

thank you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.