Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus stolen

Few days ago my phone was snatched from me and the thief forced me to tell him the keypad lock, i reported the case to local police and gave them IMEI# of my phone. The case is still in progress.

Further findmyiphone service and application both were enabled in my phone and i put my phone on lost mode. After 3 hours of theft i got an email that my phone is found at a location where hundred of mobile shops are present that deal in second hand mobiles, where it is impossible to search for mobile. Simultaneously, i got password reset email and a notification that the location services of phone are disabled and it can't be located anymore. I changed the password and again put my phone on lost mode but since then my phone is offline.

I need to know is it possible that i turn on the location services remotely on my phone or are they automatically enabled when the phone is put on lost mode?

Is there any way that thief breaks my icloud's password and resets my phone?

What if thief deletes findmyiphone application? will he also able to disable it's service from settings? what will happen then?

is there any possibility that thief can change the IMEI# of the phone?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 3:42 PM

6 replies

May 27, 2015 3:47 PM in response to waleed234

It is very possible the thief was able to hack your iCloud password, which enabled him to disable Find My iPhone. If that is the case, they would have been able to restore the device and you will not be able to track it. An alternative could also be the device was completely torn down and sold for parts, and if so that would explain it as well. Either of these are possible since you saw the password reset email.

May 27, 2015 10:30 PM in response to waleed234

You have said a couple of different things here, and they conflict. However, if the device still appears in iCloud, but is showing offline, if the device is switched on and connects to the internet, it should go into lost mode. I'm not so sure about Location Services, since they would have had to hack your iCloud account to turn that off. To be able to successfully track the device, or for lost mode to activate, the following all has to be true. The device is powered on, Find My iPhone has been activated prior to the device being lost/stolen, and the device has to have an active internet connection, either cellular or Wi-Fi.

iphone 6 plus stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.