Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to cancel thousands of downloads on iPhone

Hi all,

I have an iPhone 6 plus with IOS 8.3.

I tried to setup a heap of music downloads overnight to my phone (about 400 songs) and somehow it has resulted in a download que of over 3500 songs - many of which are duplicated. Only some of the music has actually downloaded and it seems to be leaching the phone battery and cell data (even though use cellular data was turned off).

The only way I've found so far to clear the que is to delete them individually, which is far from ideal. All other solutions on the web seem to be based around older IOS versions and haven't worked so far.

Logging out of iTunes and turning off iTunes match has not changed the download que.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Cam

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 6:06 PM

3 replies

May 27, 2015 7:33 PM in response to camperth

It really looks like iTunes Match behavior, so please double- and triple-check your iTunes and phone settings, including review of all items you have selected for sync to the iPhone. Restart iTunes for good measure, too.

TO stop it, put your iPhone into Airplane Mode. This will stop any Wi-Fi or cellular communication to it, ie, no more downloading.

Then try the standard steps of a Reset and Restore.

To Reset, hold down the Wake/Sleep and Home buttons until you see the Apple logo.

Restore instructions:

Connect to your computer and Restore it from your backup on your computer. Assuming you were backing up your old phone.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

How to cancel thousands of downloads on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.