Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPod 5 isn't turning on anymore.

I was charging my IPod and once I took the charger out It wouldn't turn on and it already done this before and I tried resetting it but it still didn't work then i tried charging it for an hour at the very least but nothing then I started to do both at the same time but nothing happened, So I just gave up on it and accepted that it was done for good.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 6:18 PM

2 replies

May 27, 2015 6:37 PM in response to Lightball698

When you tried to reset it (what they now call a forced restart) did you try to hold down the sleep and home keys for at least 20 seconds, maybe as long as 30?

Do you sync to a computer? If so, when you plug it in do you get any response from your computer? That can be one way to tell if it's just the screen or if the device itself has issues (be it the brains or battery)

May 28, 2015 1:40 AM in response to Lightball698

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My IPod 5 isn't turning on anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.