Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX

What problems may I encounter when working with 4K material in FCPX.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 27, 2015 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2015 11:56 PM

None... When you import the videos into FCPX, also create proxy media to edit from.

User uploaded file

In the view menu set it to Proxy.

User uploaded file

When your finished, and ready to export, switch it back to Optimized/Original and Better Quality. If you forget to to switch and export the video. The video that exported will be from the low quality Proxy files and you don't want that...

I have the same computer that you have and this works best when editing 4k video.

iMac 27" Mid-2011

with these specs......

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x4GB

2TB Serial ATA Drive + 256GB Solid State Drive

AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2015 11:56 PM in response to Geoff Laundy

None... When you import the videos into FCPX, also create proxy media to edit from.

User uploaded file

In the view menu set it to Proxy.

User uploaded file

When your finished, and ready to export, switch it back to Optimized/Original and Better Quality. If you forget to to switch and export the video. The video that exported will be from the low quality Proxy files and you don't want that...

I have the same computer that you have and this works best when editing 4k video.

iMac 27" Mid-2011

with these specs......

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x4GB

2TB Serial ATA Drive + 256GB Solid State Drive

AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5

FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.