Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi connection lost if facetime fails for any reason

Hi! I am having an issue with facetime and wifi and could not find an exact similar question somewhere else. Basically if I am using Facetime and it fails for any reason (like the other person's internet cuts out) then my iPhone has no ability to use wifi data. If I go to a web site it will not work. If I try facetime again it will not work. If I try to update an app it will not work. If I go into airplane mode momentarily and then out of airplane mode, it fixes the problem. Or, if I disconnect from the wifi for a few seconds and reconnect, it again works. During this time though it still indicates that I have always been connected to the wifi. So it doesn't disconnect from the wifi, it simply cannot use wifi unless I disconnect and reconnect. Any thoughts? I have an iPhone 6 and to my knowledge the latest update since I always do the updates. Both me and the facetime recipient are in the US.

It cannot be a problem with my ISP or router since my laptop's internet still works. It is just the iphone.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 7:36 PM

There are no replies.

wifi connection lost if facetime fails for any reason

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.