Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connections to bluetooth

My IMac desktop is older, from 2009. It uses the Yosemite OS. I also have an IPod Touch, which is almost two years old.

The IMac and the IPod Touch are connected to each other on the ICloud.

Today I bought one brand new JBL Bluetooth wireless speaker (not an Apple product).

I am trying to "pair" or connect my IMac and My IPod Touch to the Bluetooth speaker,

so I can play songs from both devices on the JBL Bluetooth speaker.

Earlier today I could not pair my IMac with the Bluetooth speaker, but I was immediately able to pair

the IPod Touch with the speaker. In other words I could only play songs

from the IPod Touch on the speaker, but not songs on the IMac.

The IPod Touch was connected to Bluetooth, but not the IMac.

My IMac from 2009 is pretty old so there may have been a compatability problem with a new speaker.

My IMac Systems Preferences/Bluetooth section gave me a message it was unable to pair.

Now this evening I can play songs from both devices on the JBL speaker, so both must now be paired or connected.

I'm not sure what changed, but for some reason now my IMac is also connected to the Bluetooth speaker,

where it wasn't earlier today. Wish I knew why I was suddenly able to connect the IMac to the Bluetooth speaker.

Even though both devices work now, I'm confused by some messages on my 2 devices:

Right now on my IMac desktop: I go into Systems Preferences/Bluetooth. The message there is that

My JBL speaker is paired or connected, but my IPod is not connected - that it failed to "Pair" or connect.

Clicking the "pair' button doesn't help. I just get a message that it failed.

Right now on my IPod Touch I go into Settings and then Bluetooth.

There it shows that my JBL speaker is connected, but

my IMac is not connected. Clicking on the IMac connection

button does not help. I get a message that the connection was unsuccessful.

My IPod Touch and IMac are connected to each other through the ICloud.

My IPod Touch and my IMac must be connected by Bluetooth to the JBL speaker,

since right now I can play music from either device on the speaker.

Can anyone explain these messages on my IMac and my IPod about being unable to connect?

It seems that everything is really connected, as I can now play songs from

both devices on my Bluetooth speaker.

And I assume the IPod and the IMac desktop are still connected to each other by way of the ICloud,

as that has been the case for a long time.

Posted on May 27, 2015 10:02 PM

There are no replies.

Connections to bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.