Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mid 2015 MPR w/ r9 370x bootcamp fix

After installing bootcamp using windows 8 pro, I had the issue where windows was not detecting the r9 gpu. After dealing with apple support multiple times I could not remedy the situation. To fix this in my situation, I did the following:

- While on the windows side navigate to the Microsoft page where you can find the tool to make a backup drive for windows 8.1.

- Download this tool (If having trouble finding the tool, just type in "windows 8.1 iso" into google and it should pop up.

- Follow the instructions and create just an iso image on windows 8.1 onto a flash drive, that is on an separate drive that your bootcamp drive is on.

- After the tool creates the .iso of Windows 8.1, switch back over to OSX and open the flash drive that the .iso is on. Copy over the .iso image to the desktop for easy acces.

- Go through the Boot Camp Installer and remove the version of Windows that you already have installed.

- After Boot camp removes the windows partition, go back through the process of installing windows using boot camp, but now use the .iso that you placed on your desktop.

- Wait for boot camp to go through its motions, and once it gets done it will go to the installer screen for Windows 8.1.

- Once you input your product key, you will come eventually to a screen where it asks if you want Windows to automatically update drivers. Click on the custom settings, and switch this off. (This will save you an headache later on.) (Oh, to update your current drivers, just go into the boot camp installer and only select the driver portion to download, the follow the normal steps on updating on windows side.)

- After Windows sets up for awhile, the bootcamp tool should come up and automatically install its drivers.

- If not, navigate to your flash drive and to the bootcamp section and run the tool.

- Then check device manager to see if it detects the R9 GPU

******** Do not update drivers through windows, as it could interfere with Apple's drivers. Use bootcamp to update the drivers *********

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), Windows 8

Posted on May 27, 2015 8:32 PM

1 reply

Mid 2015 MPR w/ r9 370x bootcamp fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.