Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two iPhones listed in Find my iPhone. How to tell which device is which?

how can I tell which device is which in Find my iPhone? I have two iPhones listed in the app. I obviously have not cancelled an old one, but I have passed them down to my kids. Now I have misplaced mine, but not sure which one to lock?

Posted on May 27, 2015 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2015 9:37 PM

Try

Settings > General > About > Name > give a unique identifier here: Dad's iPhone, Kid's iPhone or something else.

3 replies

May 28, 2015 5:58 AM in response to wlefevre

TThanks for the suggestions. Learned something. I could not find my iPhone with the location ping. Figured out it was because it was playing music at the time it was misplaced through my AirPlay devivice. When I turned on those speakers this morning, and once again tried to find it, the sound came through the speakers. I disconnected the Apple Airport I was using as an AirPlay device, when the sound suddenly came through the iPhone and it was located. So, to sum up, if you have vibrate on, the iPhone will sound out with Find my iPhone, but will not sound out when connected to AirPlay. Only through the AirPlay device.

I have two iPhones listed in Find my iPhone. How to tell which device is which?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.