Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have changed my Apple ID on my computer with the new email address. However the old Apple ID Is still active, has over $65 of credit. It doesn't recognise the password I have always used and when I attempt to go through the security questions, it t

Have changed my Apple ID on my computer with the new email address. However the old Apple ID Is still active, has over $65 of credit. It doesn't recognise the password I have always used and when I attempt to go through the security questions, it tells my birthdate is wrong which it isn't! Totally frustrated!! When trying to change the ID on my iPhone and iPad, the old Apple ID comes up. Try to sign out and it requires the password which as above, is not recognised. Somehow the Apple server seems to have been corrupted. Any help will be much appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 27, 2015 9:02 PM

1 reply

May 27, 2015 9:15 PM in response to PaulDevine

You can contact Apple Support to have your Security Questions reset:

ACCOUNT SECURITY CONTACT

Be aware that by creating a new Apple ID, any purchases you made under the other Apple ID will remain tied to that Apple ID. What you want to do when you get a new email address is to change the ID on your existing Apple account - not create a new ID. To change the email address on your existing account, you would go to Manage your Apple ID Apple - My Apple ID and EDIT the ID to change the address to the new email address. You can do this for any Apple ID except an Apple ID that does not end in @me, @mac, or @iCloud.com.

If you want to use the email address that you created the new Apple ID with, let Apple Support know that when you speak to them. Since you used it for your new Apple ID, you won't be able to change your old ID to that email address unless Apple Support is able to delete the new Apple ID for you.

Best of luck,

GB

Have changed my Apple ID on my computer with the new email address. However the old Apple ID Is still active, has over $65 of credit. It doesn't recognise the password I have always used and when I attempt to go through the security questions, it t

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.