Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Arabic text message that shuts down phone

I kept receiving this Arabic text message from my friend that shut down my phone periodically. in between him sending one and the next I was able to shut down my phone. i turned it back on later but unfortunately he was still sending them, now it won't stop turning off and back on, I don't have engouh time in-between intervals to do anything on my phone, any advice?????

(not "you need new friends")

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 7:29 PM

11 replies

May 27, 2015 9:00 PM in response to Trkuck

no like you don't even need to get into your phone

Quoting the article:

"If Messages was opened to the conversation list view, the app will crash when you attempt to open it. You can fix this by having someone send you a message or by sending a message to yourself."

That includes sending from another phone, iPad, or even your Mac.

May 27, 2015 9:52 PM in response to Trkuck

I AM AN APPLE SCRIPT PROGRAMMER LISTEN HERE ALL!!!!!!: the issue is that the single dot with arabic letters appearing on the home screen was coded poorly and results in a rebooting loop. here is what you need to do, no need to block anyone, just go to settings--> notifications--> messages--> and under the "Alert style when unlocked" tab, choose none. This will ensure you messages dont appear at the top and send your phone into an annoying loop. You will still feel a vibrate when you get messages which is a good thing, but your phone wont reboot if the message is the "effective power" message. So go have fun laughing at your friends for failing.

May 29, 2015 9:17 AM in response to Trkuck

Try Turning on airplane mode, as soon as your iPhone turns back on, from the Control Center, so that you will stop receiving the messages for now then turn off banners in the "Settings" app > "Notifications" > "Messages" > Turn switch "Show Previews" off. then you can turn off airplane mode and then you will receive the messages but it wont affect your phone

Arabic text message that shuts down phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.