Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My next and previous buttons do the opposite of what they are meant to.

Whenever I click next, iTunes goes to the previous song. Likewise when I click previous it goes to the next song instead.

I believe everything is up to date, I have iTunes version 12.1.2.27

At first I simply tried closing and re-opening the program but it did not fix the problem. I then tried restarting my mac completely and I am still getting the same problem.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 27, 2015 8:04 PM

3 replies

Jun 16, 2015 6:38 PM in response to septasonicxx

As well as doing the reverse of what I tell it to when I press the buttons, if I tell it to play all songs by an artist, it will start with the first song of the first album, then automatically jump down to the last song of the last album. From there, it will continue playing the songs in reverse. Example: It will play track 10, then track 9, then track 8, etc. Instead of going from track 1 to track 2, track 3, etc.

Feb 20, 2016 6:01 PM in response to Aurelien Largeau

When using any of the reverse sorting options it is possible to have the tracks listed on screen in ascending order, but for playback to be in descending order. Another side effect is that playback may stop after the end of track 1 if there are no previous albums to jump to. In general sort as Album by Artist, ascending for best results.

tt2

My next and previous buttons do the opposite of what they are meant to.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.