Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

As my ipad restores, the battery drains, cancelling the restore.

I have an Ipad 2. I tried to reset all contents and settings. The Apple Logo appears with the restore progress bar, However it does not move. Every time I tried to restart my Ipad with the simultaneous press of Home and Sleep button, the Apple Logo with the restore bar still appears, without the bar moving. So I tried the DFU or recovery mode, followed every instructions on the internet, Indeed the latest version of Itunes was trying to restore my ipad, however in a few minutes, my ipad restarts and a drained battery logo appears. In that case, the restore cancels. When I try to charge my ipad using power source, the same Apple logo with the restore progress bar appears, and in a few minutes, turns off and the drain battery logo appears, then turns on, apple logo and progress bar appears, then turns off, again and again anda gain...... My charger and the cable are all new. I repeated everything from the start but still I ended up having the Apple logo and Restore progress bar, without even moving for hours, again and again... I tried restoring using other softwares, still no luck...I don't want to spend money to have it fixed by Apple.... Please Help me 😢 I am in despair mode.!!!

iPad 2, iOS 8.1, none

Posted on May 27, 2015 10:20 PM

1 reply

May 27, 2015 11:23 PM in response to daiichi18

If you already tried the recovery mode and the DFU mode, I guess the only possible way is to ask Apple for help. Still, take a look this Apple Support article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Apart from that, take a look at these support articles and make sure you follow all the steps suggested by Apple:

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Finally, here's an article about the DFU mode:

https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

Hope this helps!

As my ipad restores, the battery drains, cancelling the restore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.