Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange battery problem

First of all, sorry for my bad english

This is my problem: i have a mid2012 MBA, and all of a sudden the battery stopped charging so i get this. User uploaded file

The odd thing is that the percentage is stuck on 7% (i red you get a X icon when the battery is dead) and it wont increase or decrease, because if i unplug the charger the laptop will turn off.

Is the battery really dead? May it be something else?

Here some more details

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 27, 2015 7:27 PM

1 reply

May 27, 2015 8:54 PM in response to Tellin

Yes, it is odd that it shows functional capacity, but won't charge, AND it is indicating a poor status.

Take it to an Apple Store. Even if you ask them outright to simply change the battery, they will still first run deep power system diagnostics to determine the functional cause of situations just like this. Then you will know if there may also be something wrong with the charge system that precipitates the symptoms you see. Coconut battery and the OS X readouts are only a simple indicator, just one notch better than an idiot light.

Strange battery problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.