Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you Keep Audio Tracks in place?

Hello! Using iMovie 10.0.3 I'm working on a simple video project that has a narrated audio track assembled from many short clips that I'd like to arrange video clips to. I've carefully arranged the entire narration but cannot seem to get them to stay put. As I attempt to add video clips, the audio clips get shuffled or removed entirely.. There must be a way to "lock" this audio track in place right? I feel like i'm missing a Key feature here but can't seem to find it.. Help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

iMovie 10, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 27, 2015 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 8:15 AM

The reason for this is that when placed immediately below the timeline, each audio clip is connected to one particular video or still clip. You see the link as a small vertical line joining the two. If you move this video/still clip the audio clip will move with it. If you delete it the audio clip will be deleted too.

The way to avoid this is to place you audio clips in the lower "background music well" where they will be independent from the clips in the timeline. See:

http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.0.8/#/mov91a895a64

for details.

Geoff.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2015 8:15 AM in response to benderickson

The reason for this is that when placed immediately below the timeline, each audio clip is connected to one particular video or still clip. You see the link as a small vertical line joining the two. If you move this video/still clip the audio clip will move with it. If you delete it the audio clip will be deleted too.

The way to avoid this is to place you audio clips in the lower "background music well" where they will be independent from the clips in the timeline. See:

http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.0.8/#/mov91a895a64

for details.

Geoff.

how do you Keep Audio Tracks in place?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.