Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with Pages

I upgraded to Yosemite and now I can't open files in Pages that I created only 1 month ago. I have read that this is an ongoing problem and has not been solved.

I need to use Pages for my business to invoice clients. I now have to create everything in another program — possibly InDesign. This will take hours. I used Pages originally instead of InDesign so that I would only have to do the minimal typing/designing. Help.

Pages-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Pages files won't open

Posted on May 27, 2015 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 12:47 AM

Have you gone to the App Store to check for updates for Pages? What version of Pages do you have? The new version will open the Pages09 files, but not vice versa. If you have the old pages, then you need to install the new version of Pages - I believe it is 5.5?

5 replies

May 28, 2015 3:30 AM in response to Tallybiscuit

What explicit version of Pages (Pages > About Pages) won't open those documents that you created a month prior to your Yosemite upgrade? Is there a specific dialog that you receive from Pages when you attempt to open that document? More details will reduce solution guesswork on this end.

Does /Applications/iWork '08, or /Applications/iWork '09 folders currently exist?

The only ongoing problem that has not been solved since October 2013 — is Pages v5 itself.

May 28, 2015 5:37 AM in response to Rhonda Fellows

Thank you Rhonda, I happened to notice after I posted that note that I was indeed using the old version of Pages. As soon as I launched the newer version I could open the files. It was too easy. I spent too much time reading posts of others having similar problems and thought it would be more difficult. Thanks for your reply. Now I feel like a big dummy 😕

Trouble with Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.