Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I connect 6 4k thunderbolt 2 screens to a mac pro?

I can't find any answer about that question I have. Well I did find out that you can only connect 3 4k screens with hdmi, and 6 thunderbolt HD screens, but what about 6 UHD screens with thunderbolt 2?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 28, 2015 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 2:11 AM

I would say no since as you found out:

You can connect up to:

• Six Apple Thunderbolt Displays (27-inch), Apple LED Cinema Displays (27-inch), or third-party Mini DisplayPort displays.
  • Three 4K displays: two connected via Mini DisplayPort and one connected via HDMI.
  • One 4K Ultra HD TV or 4K display using HDMI and four Apple Thunderbolt Displays (27-inch), Apple LED Cinema Displays (27-inch), or third-party Mini DisplayPort displays.
  • Two HDMI (HD or 4K) devices: one connected via HDMI and one connected via Mini DisplayPort with an HDMI adapter (see note below).

Mac Pro (Late 2013): Using multiple displays - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2015 2:11 AM in response to perjonasmoen

I would say no since as you found out:

You can connect up to:

• Six Apple Thunderbolt Displays (27-inch), Apple LED Cinema Displays (27-inch), or third-party Mini DisplayPort displays.
  • Three 4K displays: two connected via Mini DisplayPort and one connected via HDMI.
  • One 4K Ultra HD TV or 4K display using HDMI and four Apple Thunderbolt Displays (27-inch), Apple LED Cinema Displays (27-inch), or third-party Mini DisplayPort displays.
  • Two HDMI (HD or 4K) devices: one connected via HDMI and one connected via Mini DisplayPort with an HDMI adapter (see note below).

Mac Pro (Late 2013): Using multiple displays - Apple Support

May 28, 2015 9:10 PM in response to perjonasmoen

that's an iffy question. Thunderbolt 2 will only be found on the latest Mac Pro (2013). so....maybe...PCI-E expansion chassis for Mac Pro with Thunderbolt 2 interface. Cubix may make something like that, but it doesn't seem to be thunderbolt 2, instead relying on a host card. You might try SonnetTech or Magma

but these all are not cheap. OWC? not yet. the standard has just been announced,,,

where was I ? trying to answer your question. and I have to agree with IIIaass' answer: no

this article explains how it's set up and references an Apple KB article

http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/mac-pro-thunderbolt-performance/

JB

can I connect 6 4k thunderbolt 2 screens to a mac pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.