Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my ipad showing that i have 8.3GB of photos and videos when I only keep 7 photos?

So I emptied my album and now there's only 7 screenshots. How can i fix this? I should have 16+ GB of storage right now.

thank you🙂

Posted on May 27, 2015 8:59 PM

7 replies

May 27, 2015 9:23 PM in response to capriccioso

See if you have photos/videos in your Recently Deleted album that you cannot see by doing the following:

1. Go to Settings>General>Date & Time and uncheck Set Date/Time Automatically. Set the Date back to 9/1/2014.

2. Go to your Photos app and click on the Recently Deleted folder to see if you have photos/videos in there. If you do, delete them all.

3. Go back to Settings>Genera>Date & Time and turn Set Automatically back on.

This solution was discovered by fellow poster txforever awhile back. Hope it resolves your issue!

Cheers,

GB

May 27, 2015 9:28 PM in response to capriccioso

That's a Technical Error bro, nothing to be worried about, okay now listen carefully! Go to settings on your iPad or iPhone (iOS). You'll have to backup everything you have before you do this (includes your photos, music, videos e.t.c) Now firstly lets try to just Reset the iPad to Factory Settings - This Process does not delete your data! It only resets and erases the bugs and problems, whilst reseting in to factory settings. Remember you can Find this option in Settings/ General / (At the bottom) Reset. Okay if Reset To Factory Settings tab solves your problem (Does not delete data) it's fine. But if not, then you'll have to backup everything you have! The last option is to Erase the iPad and Reset the settings (this will completely reset your iPad and delete your data) After you choose this, it might take some time to complete that protocol. Then you'll have to Set Up your iPad or iPhone again in the right way. When you're done, you can put back the items or data you backed up. I hope this helps you out, don't hesitate to ask questions 🙂

May 27, 2015 9:46 PM in response to TheFlashZero

bro - there is no option in Settings called "Reset to Factory Settings". There is "Erase All Content & Settings" which resets your device to Factory Settings, and it most certainly does erase all of your data. The only way to get it back after one has done this is to restore the device from a backup.

Please make sure that the advice you are giving is accurate and clear. It also needs to be specific, so if you want the OP to follow steps in the Reset process, you need to provide the exact path to where you want the OP to go.

Resetting your device (which has nothing to do with Settings at all) does not affect any data. Going to the Settings>General>Reset options does reset (i.e., clear) your data to one degree or another.

Have no clue what you are talking about when you say "That's a Technical Error". What is a technical error, bro?

GB

Why is my ipad showing that i have 8.3GB of photos and videos when I only keep 7 photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.