Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crescent Moon on front camera...

I'm just wondering whether anyone else has experienced a crescent moon shaped shadow on their front camera? It is starting to affect my picture quality and the lighting on the camera. I have the black iPhone 6 and wondered whether anyone knows what they will do for me when I take it into the store?

Thanks in advance 🙂

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 1:27 AM

9 replies

May 29, 2015 6:59 AM in response to gianni.k

I've now had this issue with 2 iPhone 6's. I went to an Apple store the first time to get it replace and they gave me a hard time about replacing it. They tried to tell me since it "wasn't affecting the pictures" it didn't need to be fixed. Then they tried to tell me they would have to replace the whole display and I'd have to wait at least 3 hours for the repair to be complete. Finally they gave in and replaced the whole phone. I'm reluctant to bring it in again because of the hassle the first time.

Jul 16, 2015 1:11 AM in response to duckitt.a

My experience with Apple iPhone 6, this is my letter to Applecare:

On Monday I received the replacement device for my iPhone 6. As you can see from my case, I have replaced this phone 1st time in Riga Service center 14.05.2015 (when I have been using the faulty phone that had the front camera shifted for 1/2 a year). After this I have been receiving replacement devices which all were faulty more than 8 times with all different sort of problems, but mostly front camera crescent, cracks, some objects inside front camera and moving screen. Apple service center has checked and confirmed each and every fault I have had.

Since I felt that the Service center cannot help me, I returned the device directly to you - Applecare. You replaced the phone 3 times. Sending brand new faulty phones back to me. In total I spent 60 days replacing the production wasters.

The phone I have now, this replacement, has the screen not fitted properly, so it moves when gently press on it near the volume buttons (I went into a shop today and checked other phones there, they don't do that of course) ..

Now I am not sure if the camera will shift forming a crescent in near future or anything else bad will show up to the replacement you sent me.. But what I am absolutely sure is that Apple iPhone 6 is the worst quality product I have ever had and there is no point really in replacing the phone, since it comes back faulty with the same or some other problem. Except a strong feeling that I want to have a quality product Apple promises, but doesn't deliver.

So, basically, even though you have replaced the device more than 10 times, I am very unhappy with the result, since I still have a faulty device. It is working for now, so I will replace it later (probably) as well as (probably) place a complaint to the Consumer Rights Protection Centre, but I am just sick and tired of the process for now and can't be bothered on paying the lawyer and spending any more time on this currently.

So, truly, this is the worst device I have ever had. Since it is faulty to start with and it gets replaced by factory wasters.

I can only throw out the phones of course, but that is stupid and does not really make sense, since it is quite expensive, as well as I bought everything Apple last year November - phones, iPad, tv, airport, macbook etc. and they are supposed to work best together.

I thank you all for your kind patience and understanding. The service you provided was outstanding.

I can only feel for you, that you have to service the lowest possible quality product.

Have a very nice day.

p.s.

Just to mention - during the same time, my wife's iPhone 6 was replaced 4 times due to cracks and screen movement. The screen moves also now on the replacement device, but I am simply sick and tired of continuing the replacement process since it proves to be pointless. So as I said, the device is clearly faulty, but I will proceed maybe later.. However probably pointless.

Also - I replaced iPad air 2 twice at the service center due to production faults.

Jul 23, 2015 10:09 AM in response to duckitt.a

Dear Apple,

I love your products! Thinking about buying the watch, but...

I am really disappointed with my iPhone 6 because I am having the same problem over and over again. I've got my screen replaced 2 already, on 2 different apple stores (trying to get a different batch of screens), and the problem persists. My front camera looks like the one of the picture above.

At the store, I was told that all they can do is to keep replacing the screen until it goes off the warranty, then I am on my own. This is simply unacceptable. In one of the stores, one of the employees told me that's just the way it is, and even he had his black iPhone 6 with a crescent moon on the camera, and he couldn't do anything about it.

"It is not affecting the camera" is unacceptable, because at the pace the camera shifts, if I leave it alone it will affect the camera pretty soon, and I don't want to have to pay to replace the screen due to a manufacturing problem.

I tried called the support to see if you guys could help over the phone, but no dice. I am even willing to pay the difference and get a 6+, since they don't have the same problem.

So, help!

Cheers

Paulo

Crescent Moon on front camera...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.