Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air connects to the "wrong" base station

I have three base stations in my house. One TC and one Express on ground floor, both connected by cable. On first floor I have an Extreeme also connected by cable. The network is all runnig perfectly. When I connect my MacBook Air it connects to the TC or the Express on ground floor with a weaker signal rather than automatically connect to the Extreeme that is closer and stronger signal. It seems like my Air doesnt switch automatically when I move between the base stations. I have checked the setting and all BSs have the correct setting to my understanding. Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong? // Per

MacBook Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 11:43 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2015 9:18 AM in response to Cadderley

Actually "nothing" is wrong. By that I mean your MacBook Air "should" disassociate with the weaker signal base station and re-associate with one that has the stronger signal in a roaming network ... in theory. Unfortunately, in practice this is not always the case as you have experienced. Sometimes the "solution" is to simply recycle Wi-Fi on your device to get it to connect to the "correct" base station.

My MacBook Air connects to the "wrong" base station

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.