Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Trackpad clicking on its own

I bought this Trackpad about 16 months ago. Since last week, it has been randomly clicking on its own. I've tried it on 3 different Macs and it does the same. It's unusable, so I had to resort to a cheap USB mouse.

I believe it had a 12 month warranty, but could I still bring it in and somehow hope for a replacement? I haven't made any support request before - will I need to make an appointment?

Thanks!

Posted on May 28, 2015 4:21 AM

1 reply

May 28, 2015 9:20 AM in response to mu77

I wish I could be more positive but the mouse has passed its' guarantee date. It is a rarity for such a poor length of service but that is no consolation to you.

Yes, take it into a store, especially if it was the store you bought it from. They might be sympathetic, and again, especially if you are known to them and have bought other products.

Yes, make an appointment with the genius bar ... and be prepared to talk to the store manager if the response does not convey the right degree of understanding.

Magic Trackpad clicking on its own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.