Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume controls are not working

Hy everybody!

I have installed windows 8.1 with Boot Camp on my Mac mini, but I have had to reinstall it. My problem is that since the reinstallation the volume controls are not working. I tried everything to fix the problem. Installed all the updates for windows. Reinstalled the Boot camp assistant. Unplugged the power cord. If anyone has an idea to fix this problem, please help. 🙂

My system preferences:

• Mac mini 2014 end with OS X 10.10.3.
  • Boot camp assistant 5.1
  • Windows 8.1 pro x64

Mac mini (Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), windows 8.1 pro x64

Posted on May 28, 2015 3:58 AM

12 replies

May 28, 2015 1:50 PM in response to bitblaise

Yeah. I solved the problem by installing the corect driver manualy.

It comes to my mind that it would be a driver issue, so I tried to install manualy the Applekeyboard driver from the flashdisc which was created by the boot camp. But the installer says that not found appropirate driver for me. So it turns out that the driver is wrong. Then I downloaded the bootcamp 5.0 drivers from apple and installed the Applekeyboarddriver manualy from there.

Finaly I can turn the volume up/down and ect.

Thanks for your help. 🙂

Jul 24, 2015 5:25 PM in response to Loner T

Thank you Loner for your timely reply, but the solution was ridiculously simple. I use my main TV as my Mac monitor, so it is ensconced in the mess that is my entertainment center. Between inserting my Win install disc to burn an image and inserting and removing the thumb drive, I managed to unwittingly change the source settings on my sound system. I really panicked when I rebooted in OS X and had no sound. It wasn't till hours later when I went to watch a movie that I realized my blunder.

Long story short. I'm all set, but am very grateful for your help.

Volume controls are not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.