Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making Linear Keyframe default

Talking about FCPX 10.1.4

I'm on OSX Maverick

Hi, Is there any way of making object transformation Linear as a default? I know I can right click and select Linear but the trouble is I'm using very high def images with +1000% and the keyframes go out of the display, and obviously I can't pan down to them on the viewer 😐 Besides out of the hundreds of videos I'm made using FCPX I have NEVER wanted to use the Smooth option and I personally find a huge pain as it'll cause insane transformations I really don't want including stretching out the object randomly or suddenly changing its scale from one frame to the next despite have two identical keyframes at a considerably time lapse apart.

Cheers!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 28, 2015 4:00 AM

3 replies

May 28, 2015 7:55 AM in response to merryface

The closest thing I can think of is to key frame a move in a clip, make the change to linear and save as an effects preset. You could apply the preset to another clip and adjust the key framed parameters and it would retain the linear behavior. However, if you were to add another key frame, it would be set as smooth.

Doubtful that jumping through those hoops is any easier than changing them manually – unless you have specific moves that will work for certain types of shots and that you can apply without a lot of fiddling.

Russ

Making Linear Keyframe default

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.