Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding pages after endnotes?

Am using Pages '09 for a short book. The book format requires an "About the author" page and a couple of blank pages at the end, before you get to the cover. However, the book has a number of footnotes, defined as endnotes, and I can't figure out how to insert anything after the endnotes (or move the endnotes up to the ideal location)... The different chapters of the book are all different section, and I do not want footnotes at the end of each chapter, but collected towards the end of the book—but not the very end...

Are there ways to move the endnotes marker to a convenient place, or insert new pages/sections after the endnotes?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Using Pages '09

Posted on May 28, 2015 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 8:01 AM

I have kind of found a work-around. But it involves solving with Preview rather than Pages. I made two separate .pdf documents, one with all the material up to and including the endnotes, and the other with the extra pages I wanted after the endnotes. Then open the first part in Preview, and drag the second file into the thumbnail drawer behind the first file (make sure you drag it "above the line" so that it appears as one document rather than two). Save the result.

Cumbersome, but at least it has moved into the realm of the possible. Would be nice if it could be achieved within Pages, though...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2015 8:01 AM in response to tormod v.

I have kind of found a work-around. But it involves solving with Preview rather than Pages. I made two separate .pdf documents, one with all the material up to and including the endnotes, and the other with the extra pages I wanted after the endnotes. Then open the first part in Preview, and drag the second file into the thumbnail drawer behind the first file (make sure you drag it "above the line" so that it appears as one document rather than two). Save the result.

Cumbersome, but at least it has moved into the realm of the possible. Would be nice if it could be achieved within Pages, though...

Adding pages after endnotes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.