Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slide duration

is it possible to change the duration of slides ( photos) in iMovie after I have inserted them. I understand you can make the change in the settings for when photos are inserted post setting change, but once inserted I don't seem to be able to edit the timings

for example - adjusting durations to fit the length of an audio track.

Any help would be appreciated

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on May 28, 2015 5:04 AM

1 reply

May 28, 2015 7:54 AM in response to mewbank

After they have been inserted into the timeline you cannot change all with one command. You have to change durations of the slides one by one. You do this by selecting a photo clip (so as to get a gold border) then dragging the one side in or out to shorten or lengthen the duration. Do you really want them all to be exactly the same duration? The more common approach is to set the default duration to the most commonly required value than adjust some 'manually' at a later stage depending on their importance or content (e.g. providing extra time to read text, to zoom or do a Ken Burns effect, or to fit with a sound track).

Geoff.

Slide duration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.