Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 got power effective text and is now on constant reboot loop. Can not get it to restore. Help?

my mom got the text and now, instead of restarting like all other phones, it is on a reboot loop. I have tried to get it in dfu mode but it won't connect to the computer when in that mode. Help? Please

iPhone 6

Posted on May 28, 2015 4:50 AM

17 replies

Jun 2, 2015 6:41 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Spam as in send me random messages to get the effective power message out of the lock screen. The phone is in this state because of the effective power message arabic language unicode bug that i received. My phone is only suppposed to reboot once after receiving it but somehow it is on constant reboot. Gonna try running it down now will let you know soon. I'm pretty sure many people are having this problem as well. Thanks alot anyway btw!! 🙂

Jun 2, 2015 6:47 PM in response to GildLong

GildLong wrote:

Spam as in send me random messages to get the effective power message out of the lock screen. The phone is in this state because of the effective power message arabic language unicode bug that i received.

Yes, I know what caused the problem. The only text that could potentially have solved the problem is one from the person who sent it to you. However, if the phone won't completely boot up, that's not going to work.

iPhone 6 got power effective text and is now on constant reboot loop. Can not get it to restore. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.