Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no response when creating websites, server 4.1

Good Afternoon.

I am trying to add a port 80 version of my website in the Websites panel of Server 4.1. I fill out the required info everything is correct, green lights etc. but when I click the Create button, the pop up window just stays open. The button it fades for about 1 second then turns blue again.

Otherwise I see no odd behavior in any other panels or odd log messages.

By the way, the server is remote.

Any takers :-) ?

Thank you

Mac mini, OS X Server, 10.10.3, late 2012

Posted on May 28, 2015 6:08 AM

4 replies

Jun 12, 2015 10:22 AM in response to Eric Klinger

I am having this same problem. I hit "Create", but nothing happens. I don't know what the deal is. Additionally, I don't know what qualifies as a proper domain name. When I give it a properly formatted one, I get the red dot saying it's not good essentially.

Perhaps it's a bug as you said. Even when I create a new network user OS X server creates a local user instead.

Jun 12, 2015 12:07 PM in response to Tangier Clarke1

the domain name should be either domain.tld or www.domain.tld... you will get the green light when server app sees that domain name is in fact pointing to your machine. in some cases, as in local development, you may have to alter your /etc/hosts file to point your domain back to your machine.

but i have narrowed this down to remote usage. so when i use server app in my home in belgium to connect to my server in the midwest US, then the buttons are buggy. When I screenshare that same remote computer and use server app that is on the actual machine... then it works as intended.

Jun 12, 2015 2:01 PM in response to Eric Klinger

I am trying to do two things:

get a joomla installation working

get a background update service of flashplayer working per the Adobe instructions.

Right now I am only trying to get it to work locally, but I can't even get that going. I did a test site (site.example.com) on port 40, added my mac mini server address as the first IP on my DNS entry on my local computer in the office and when I went to the test site nothing happened. I did manage to "create" that site without issue as you had describe early on, but I still get no response when (from my local computer on the same LAN) go to site.example.com.

I mostly understand your previous post. Am I doing something wrong?

no response when creating websites, server 4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.