Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find out which photos are on iPad and which are in cloud in the "all photos" album

How do I find out which photos are actually stored directly on my IPad and which are in the cloud? In the "all photos" album I am just seeing all my photos. Is there a way of going back to having an actual camera roll?

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 6:56 AM

Open the Photos app and tap Albums on the bottom right. Do you see Camera Roll?

If not, then it seems you may have iCloud Photo Library enabled.

Camera Roll (and My Photo Stream) goes away if you have iCloud Photo Library enabled (Settings > iCloud > Photos). This is because when iCloud Photo Library is enabled ALL your photos are stored in iCloud and are simply accessed via your other devices.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2015 6:56 AM in response to Georgie45

Open the Photos app and tap Albums on the bottom right. Do you see Camera Roll?

If not, then it seems you may have iCloud Photo Library enabled.

Camera Roll (and My Photo Stream) goes away if you have iCloud Photo Library enabled (Settings > iCloud > Photos). This is because when iCloud Photo Library is enabled ALL your photos are stored in iCloud and are simply accessed via your other devices.

How do I find out which photos are on iPad and which are in cloud in the "all photos" album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.