Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to repair System Restore while running Windows on Mac via Bootcamp?

Fixing System Restore when running Windows on your Mac via Bootcamp:

(This is a solution to the posed question.)

Helpful Tip::

You may want to try this if you run Windows on your Mac via Bootcamp and System Restore will not work.

Two Windows Updates to Uninstall:

KB2509553

KB976932

Here's a youturbe video tutorial that I did to show you the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuuN86v5GBU

You may have seen errors like this in the failure dialogue window: 0x80070001, 0x80070005. The error window may attribute the problem to having an anti-virus, but I had no anti-virus program.

It will say something like: "System restore did not complete successfully....System Restore could not access a file. This is probably because an anti-virus program is running..."

User uploaded file

There are many other supposed solutions online (like restoring in safe mode, restarting shadow volume copy, repairing windows with your installation disk, etc---Larger list below that I tried), but none of these would work for me.

So, you may want to try uninstalling the 2 updates listed above (I believe the first one is the most important). This fix was excellent!

Here's a list of "fixes" that I had found online but they all failed to fix it:

-Regular System Restore in normal Windows mode

-Safe Mode System Restore

-Starting Shadow Volume Copy (In Service, Starting, Setting to Automatic)

-I checked computer for malware/spyware with CCleaner, MalwareBytes, AdwCleaner, SuperAntiSpyware, RogueKiller, and Spybot.

-I checked computer with sfc/scannow and chkdsk/f.

-I tried older/newer restore points.

-I wiped Windows from computer and re-installed everything.

-I tried but could not reset the Repository because Windows would not allow me to change the file name of the repository folder.

-Using the Windows installation disc to do a repair, but that failed.

-In safe mode, tried repair scan.

-Did a Windows CleanBoot

-Downloaded & ran Msft Windows Hotfix

Posted on May 28, 2015 5:30 AM

There are no replies.

How to repair System Restore while running Windows on Mac via Bootcamp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.