Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.4 Available?

I need access to the IOS 8.4 asap. Does anyone have access?

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 5:28 AM

IOS 8.4 is beta version only available for developers. If you need this beta version: https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

20 replies

May 28, 2015 6:42 AM in response to jonfromgainesville

Not sure it will fix the problem but have been told Apple is aware and is fixing. The FAA has mandated the update for flying in the future and this Bluetooth link provides traffic and weather info. I am aware of the developer status but would like to avoid paying the fee since this is Apple's problem in 8.3 that was not a problem in 8.2. In addition as you point out not sure bug has been fixed. More help?

May 28, 2015 7:02 AM in response to jonfromgainesville

jonfromgainesville wrote:

Not sure it will fix the problem but have been told Apple is aware and is fixing. The FAA has mandated the update for flying in the future and this Bluetooth link provides traffic and weather info. I am aware of the developer status but would like to avoid paying the fee since this is Apple's problem in 8.3 that was not a problem in 8.2. In addition as you point out not sure bug has been fixed. More help?

Only a government agency would make the use of something that does not exist mandatory...

May 28, 2015 7:26 AM in response to jonfromgainesville

jonfromgainesville wrote:

I have been to Apple Seed and only OS beta is available there.

Sorry, but you need to log in and look more closely. Once you sign up for the Appleseed program, you have access to BOTH OS X beta and iOS beta. I know as I run both. When apple stopped offering betas to invitees only and went to the public signup program, they created a single integrated seed program for all Apple operating system betas.

From your Appleseed login account, just enroll your iOS device to download iOS beta. Anybody with an AppleID and a supported device can get access to the Appleseed beta Versions of both operating systems.

May 28, 2015 8:23 AM in response to Michael Black

Michael Black wrote:

From your Appleseed login account, just enroll your iOS device to download iOS beta. Anybody with an AppleID and a supported device can get access to the Appleseed beta Versions of both operating systems.

I believe it depends on Apple as to who gets access to the iOS beta program. I've been on the Applseed public beta ever since it started with Mavericks and have never had access to the iOS aspect of the program. Believe me, I've looked and looked for access on my Appleseed login, and have many qualifying iOS devices but the access simply is not there. I believe if Apple has granted you access to the iOS beta, it would be obvious when logged in to your Apple ID/Appleseed page. If Apple has not granted access, you will only see the OS X info.

May 28, 2015 8:43 AM in response to SergZak

From https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/ try clicking on the "sign up" link again and see if you get the prompt to enroll an iOS device. It used to work at least back for iOS 8.4 beta 1 and 2

I've been an Appleseed invitee for many years so I never had to enroll via the public beta web page, but I've helped several friends and colleagues do so and they were able to get access to both OS X public beta and iOS 8.3 and 8.4 public betas and they never received an invite. They just signed up.

May 28, 2015 8:58 AM in response to Csound1

Csound1 wrote:

I just signed in, no invitation.

User uploaded file

I simply don't get that at all. If I access https://appleseed.apple.com/ and am logged out, I am only given the option & link to the Apple Beta Software Program which is currently testing OS X Yosemite. All indications there point to it being invitation only:

Invitation Only Program

With your Invitation, this program gives you a first look at new and upcoming software while giving you the ability to provide feedback directly into engineering.

If I am logged in, I get immediately redirected to the Apple Beta Software Program (Yosemite) page. There is absolutely nothing there to "enroll an iOS device". Access is only for Yosemite. Like I said, I believe you need to have been chosen by Apple to have access to iOS.

Note that all of my iOS devices are also clearly listed under my Support Profile page as well so that's not the issue either.

My MacBook is clearly enrolled since as I mentioned, I have been testing since Mavericks.

It's no big deal...just perplexing why some have access and others don't.

May 28, 2015 9:44 AM in response to SergZak

One thing that I thought *may* have some bearing is that my MacBook Pro (late 2011) uses a different Apple ID than my iOS devices and each of these devices are on their own Apple ID as well (although I do have three devices on one Apple ID). However, the MacBook is in fact enrolled in the beta program using my *main Apple ID* which I use for purchases on it and all of my other iDevices.

Whatever the reason, those that have access to iOS have probably been granted access. I kind of doubt that *all* that are testing Yosemite would automatically be given access to iOS as well...but then what do I know? 😁

May 28, 2015 10:10 AM in response to SergZak

SergZak wrote:

I kind of doubt that *all* that are testing Yosemite would automatically be given access to iOS as well...but then what do I know? 😁

Why not? They are both public betas. I thought maybe at some point they might not allow new adopters just because of the number of builds released (installing a build requires the previous build be in place, so it would be a pain to have to go all the way back the first build and successively upgrade), but see no documented limit imposed like that.

You may have to sign out and "sign up" again to enroll a new device. Alternatively, try going to your Appleseed account from your iOS device and see if you get prompted to download a profile. Nothing in any of the documentation I have (nor my experience since the Appleseed public beta site went live) indicates that anyone should not be able to enroll. That's actually the whole point of the public beta program, to greatly increase the tester and feedback user base.

Also note that the public beta program and the registered developer beta program are not necessarily the same thing. Registered developers may get beta builds that are never released as part of the public beta program.

IOS 8.4 Available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.