Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duration format

Hello,

My question is, how to set duration format to not show "how long", but from date to date. For example: From 01.2014 to 05.2015.

And then I want to create chart to show that durations. Something like that:

User uploaded file

Sorry if it looks ugly but I just made screen shot and edit it with "preview" to show the idea. Idea is to show on chart how long and when I had experience with some software.

Please can you tell me step by step how to do that, or send some link?

Thank you very much in advance for any help. And sorry for my english language, I hope I explained properly what I want to do.

OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Numbers

Posted on May 28, 2015 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 6:03 AM

This looks like a Gantt chart (except there are two entries on the yellow series).

a date/time plus a duration is a date/time

in cell A1: place a date/time value (formatted as "DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS")

in cell B1: place a duration value (formatted as "WWw Ddd HHh MMm SSs MMms", where the capital letters are the values representing weeks, days ,hours, minutes, seconds, and millisecond).. Here is an example "10w 3d 4h 33m 231ms" you do not have to include every field of a duration.

then in cell C1 enter the formula "=A1+B1" without the double quotes

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2015 6:03 AM in response to pajczukin

This looks like a Gantt chart (except there are two entries on the yellow series).

a date/time plus a duration is a date/time

in cell A1: place a date/time value (formatted as "DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS")

in cell B1: place a duration value (formatted as "WWw Ddd HHh MMm SSs MMms", where the capital letters are the values representing weeks, days ,hours, minutes, seconds, and millisecond).. Here is an example "10w 3d 4h 33m 231ms" you do not have to include every field of a duration.

then in cell C1 enter the formula "=A1+B1" without the double quotes

Duration format

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.