Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage operation changed on my MacBook

6 months ago when I got my new MacBook Pro I was surprised/glad to find the iMessage program, wherein it automatically recognized my iPhone and I started getting msg's on phone and MacBook (it was cool to not have to use phone keyboard to send longer msg's). Then, I went to europe recently and something has changed on MacBook...my phone and computer don't seem to sync WRT msg's, e.g., msg content that's on iPhone isn't showing on MacBook, also some people to whom I could msg from my MacBook before are now coming up with RedHighlight in "To:" bar and an error indicates , "this person not registered with iMessage" (even though they're on Apple devices).

Any idea how I can get back to the Good Ol' Days of having the ability to msg anyone I want from my MacBook? Thx

MacBook

Posted on May 28, 2015 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 9:28 AM

Is your Mac Messages app still associated with the phone and is Continuity on? See

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

1 reply

iMessage operation changed on my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.