Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pre March 19 Won't Sync in Photostream

Have had no trouble with iCloud Photostream sync until I updated to IOS 8.3. Any photos in Photostream prior to March 19, 2015 do not appear on my iPhone 5s in the Photostream Album. My wife has the same phone, the same toggles switched, and the same IOS 8.3 and does not have this issue. All the appropriate switches are set. Only new photos taken and photos after March 19 appear. There should be 960 photos according to my iPad, but my phone only shows 278. How can I get the others back on my phone?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 9:49 AM

The photo stream does pictures you take after you turn it on

My Photo Stream FAQ

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201317

iCloud Photo Library FAQ

https://support.apple.com/en-is/HT204264

See which one best does what you are looking for

Best of Luck

2 replies

May 28, 2015 12:06 PM in response to damaag

Thank you so much for the quick response. After reading the first support section you linked to, here is what I think happened. About that time (mid March) I kept getting repeated notifications to sign in to iCloud even though I had already done so many times. One of the reported "fixes" for this issue was to "Sign Out" of iCloud, reboot, and "Sign In." Trouble was there were new restrictions on password length, etc. Finally got a new password in and signed in for each thing it told me to. But your 1st support suction info says you lose your Photostream on a device you sign out of iCloud on. So, if that's the case, I lost all Photostream photos on my iPhone that were there prior to the signing out.

Any way to get them back on the iPhone?

Thanks again !!!

Pre March 19 Won't Sync in Photostream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.