Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing ASL.dll following installation of iTunes64

Hi,

I had iTunes32 on my PC - running under W8.1pro. When updating, it produced an error and I was adviced to clear everything out, download the most recent version of iTunes and install it. This I did and the installation (as an administrator) goes through without an error. But when running iTunes, I get the message that it can not be startet because ASL.dll is missing. Running the setup again to fix the program does not help. The message persists. When clicking ok on this error message, I get yet another: iTunes.itl could not be read, because it was generated by a more recent version. Now this definitely does not make any sense.

Any advice? Thanks a lot.

Posted on May 28, 2015 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 6:10 AM

Ups,

a minute ago, I downloaded the current version of itunes64 - now termed iTunes6464Setup.exe (in contrast to the the one I got on 6-May-2015 which was termed iTunes64Setup.exe) - and this new setup did it. Now it works. Problem solved.

1 reply

Missing ASL.dll following installation of iTunes64

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.