Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S problem.. Someone please help

My phone, which is an iPhone 4S has a problem recently. I had updated to iOS 8.3 a few days ago, and now the screen will go flickering an shaking if ever I have the phone connected to the Net (It's okay if it is left offline.. ). Is it the problem of the hardware or the software?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 6:24 AM

7 replies

May 28, 2015 6:28 AM in response to KenC44

• Try a forced restart: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the restart.
  • Try resetting you network settings (Settings app > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings (you will of course have to add the network back in.

Also, when you say "connected to the Net" what does that mean? Via WiFi? And if so, under what circumstances? Is this just at home? You might consider restarting your router or even checking for firmware updates for it.

May 29, 2015 7:48 AM in response to KenC44

No, it appears you are already up to date on iOS. What I have suggested so far:

• Try a forced restart: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the restart.
  • Try resetting you network settings (Settings app > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings (you will of course have to add the network back in.
  • Update the firm ware on your Modem/Router (see the manufacturer's instruction or web site).

Have you tried any of these thus far?

iPhone 4S problem.. Someone please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.