Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand Instruments Won't Work

I imported the Orchestral Symphony jam pack into GarageBand using the loop browser and drag and drop. All of the soundbytes work great, but the green ones (the midis) only work when you sample them. If you place them in the mix, they play out as a sine wave. (I've tried them multiple times, and it's always the same.)

I am running the older version of GarageBand. (Before v10.0) The files I added were .caf files.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 28, 2015 7:29 AM

1 reply

May 28, 2015 11:57 AM in response to iDingo

I imported the Orchestral Symphony jam pack into GarageBand using the loop browser and drag and drop.

This installed the Loops, but you have to install the instruments as well. Otherwise the loops can only play as sine wave.

Where did you copy the loops from?

If you copied them from another Mac, copy transfer the corresponding instrument library as well.

Open the folder: /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/

Transfer all missing files from the sub directories /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Track Settings/Software/

and from /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Sampler/

GarageBand Instruments Won't Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.