Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting songs

I downloaded a few songs to my iPhone from the iTunes app on my phone, and now the songs that I downloaded will not delete from my phone manually or when I plug my phone into the computer and try to delete the songs on iTunes that way.....

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 7:42 AM

2 replies

May 28, 2015 8:00 AM in response to lexilooloo

What happens when you try to delete them (you are able to delete other songs by swiping/dragging from right-to-left across them ?), and they are downloaded, they don't have the cloud icon against them ? If they are downloaded they should also show in Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage > Music and be deleteable from there.

Or for deleting them when connected to your computer's iTunes, they show in the 'on my device' 'music' section :

User uploaded file

Jul 10, 2015 4:02 PM in response to King_Penguin

I've go the same problem on an iPhone 6 with just updated IOS, very frustrating. I manage my music on my devices by creating a play list within our iTunes library. I keep my play list current by sorting by date added for both my play list and library, then just add the new songs from the library to my playlist that i want for myself (share library with my wife, and don't want all her music as well), then select all songs (within the playlist) and copy over to my phone. This has worked for years. My son recently purchased some music that somehow ended up on my phone. I don't have match or auto download selected, so thinking he may have purchased directly on my phone during a recent road trip. Anyway, now I can't get his music off my iPhone. Looked for the songs within iTunes to delete - weren't there. I've tried deleting everything on my phone within iTunes, then syncing, no luck. I've done a full reset (deleting everything and reloading from back up), no luck. I've gone into usage/manage storage and the artist were not shown (but were still in the music app). I down loaded the songs from the could into my library, then added them to my iPhone, then was able to find the artist in the usage/manage section within settings. Deleted from usage - music is still in the app! Tried getting ahold of customer support, hoping i would be charged as this should be an iTunes, not iPhone issue. Link didn't work. Finally got the link to load, selected the option for Apple to call me, which they did within miliseconds - garbled phone call, and had to hang up because couldn't make out a word he was saying. Tried again to set up a call - link didn't work. SOO FRUSTRATING, guess it just aint my day... And finally, why can't apple OS's auto capitalize i when its by itself?

Deleting songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.