Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to view captions or batch changes in Photos?

I have regularly made batch changes to my images as an alternate way of finding or sorting images. Now that seems out the window, together with access to any of the metadata (camera settings, locations, tags). The article does indicate that this information is still available in iPhoto--which I know it is. But Photos (and Aperture) is supposed to be the "old" app and most assuredly will not be supported very much longer like other Apple products that are obsoleted. Moreover, it is not clear that changes made in an iPhoto file will transfer to Photos or how to do that. Is there any way to see metadata or make batch changes in Photos? I suppose this issue is all being driven by iOS8.

Posted on May 28, 2015 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 5:20 AM

Metadata in iPhoto is carried over to the new app. You can see the metadata in the new app by selecting a pic and going right-click -> Get Info.

The new app has no batch change facility.

The forum for the new app is here: Photos for Mac

1 reply

Is there any way to view captions or batch changes in Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.