Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mp3/aac file generated by compressor 4.2 is corrupted/unusable

I bought compressor because I thought it would have solved the problem I have bee having with FCPX, alas still the same

I have created an audio-only clip in FCPX. When I export it (via compressor) to mp3 or aac, the file contains corrupted sound. Have tried various settings. When played in FCPX or compressor the sound is perfect.

Any ideas anyone? This is urgent $#%# please

Info: iMac 2011 (2.8 GHz Intel Core i5), 20GB memory, 2TB disk. OSX 10.10.3. FCPX 10.2.1, Compressor 4.2

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 20GB memory, 2TB disk. FCPX 10.2.1

Posted on May 28, 2015 8:41 AM

14 replies

May 28, 2015 9:00 AM in response to mig.21

So I assume the original was a WAV.

Was it then synced with a video clip, and if so, to what format and in which app…in FCP or another application?

Are you first exporting from FCP X and then adding that as the source file to Compressor or using the Send to Compressor method?

Sorry for all the questions, but from your description it sounds like a compression went wrong prior to bringing into Compressor.

Russ

mp3/aac file generated by compressor 4.2 is corrupted/unusable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.