Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini 2.6 for Adobe CC -Photoshop/Illustrator/Dreamweaver...

Hello,

I feel bad because I posted about performance concerns when working with Logic Pro/Garageband, but these questions are concerning other programs. I thought I would make a new thread. If I should have posted it in that tread, I apologize.

Anyhow, apart from running the two programs stated above, I am going to need the Mac Mini to run Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, multiple browsers and browser tabs all at the same time. I am a web/graphic designer and I dabble in video editing (not big video files, though).

Will the Mac Mini - 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5/8GB memory/500GB/Intel Iris Graphics/OS X Yosemite, enough to run those programs simultaneously? Should I be looking at a quad-core rMBP?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Posted on May 28, 2015 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 10:12 AM

Not really. Not enough memory, slow HD and only two cores.. All the 2104 Mini only have two cores.

5 replies

May 28, 2015 10:13 AM in response to testudo_aubreii

They will run however if performance is your goal you will need a more powerful machine such as i7 based iMac with an SSD, upgraded GPU etc.

I STRONGLY suggest visiting an Apple Store and speaking to them, they can help steer you to a configuration that will best suit your needs. If money is the issue, then consider getting an Apple refurbished machine from Apple's online store.

May 29, 2015 3:15 AM in response to testudo_aubreii

One thing you could consider is a late 2012 Mac Mini. There were

standard models with 2.3 GHz quad core i7 and custom versions

with 2.6 GHz quad core i7. You can upgrade memory in these

up to 16 GB (suggested for your case). You can also install

single or dual SSDs (see OWC for procedures and upgrade kits).

They do have integrated graphics but may suffice initially until you

could get a more powerful machine.

As others have stated, you would likely be better off with an iMac.

I would suggest getting a 27" model as these have user upgradable

memory (up to 32 GB) and all have discrete video chips with VRAM

(later models have minimum 1GB VRAM). You can usually find refurbs

of these at the Apple Store for a reduced price. The reforms carry the

full Apple warranty and are eliblble for Apple Care extended warranty.

Mac Mini 2.6 for Adobe CC -Photoshop/Illustrator/Dreamweaver...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.