Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My brand new iphone 6 completely died on me last night. After finally making the decision to go back to an iphone, this happens. I bought it just under a month ago. All of my info is lost. What gives?

After recently making the decision to switch back over to iphone, my brand new iphone 6 completely died on me last night. After reading posts online, this is something that is happening often. That is a lot of money to spend on a phone that doesn't work. Plugged it in before I went to bed, and woke up to it completely dead. All of my data gone. What gives?

Posted on May 28, 2015 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 10:06 AM

Hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons at the same time until an Apple logo appears.

3 replies

May 28, 2015 10:15 AM in response to sarahnoda

If you use iCloud automatic backups and/or regularly backup in iTunes, there is no reason at all for any of your data to ever be lost. Backups are the only way to protect your data so if it's important to you then make the effort to backup. Once enabled, iCloud backups occur daily when the device is in sleep mode and connected to an external power supply and a wifi network.

Any smart phone can fail and without a backup, they will all lose your data.

My brand new iphone 6 completely died on me last night. After finally making the decision to go back to an iphone, this happens. I bought it just under a month ago. All of my info is lost. What gives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.