Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a simple way to delete all the text/imessages on my ipad?

I would like to delete ALL the text messages and imessages from my iPad...is there an easy way?

I have deleted them one by one but the come back when I restart the iPad.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 8:36 AM

You should be able to tap the Edit button in the upper left corner of the screen, above all of the text threads in the list, then tap the circle next to each thread to select them, then tap delete at the bottom of the screen.

Are you doing that?

10 replies

May 28, 2015 11:51 AM in response to Wyrad

Check this in your settings. Settings>Messages>Show Subject Field>Off. Is that set to off? Sometimes people tyou in the subject field not realizing that the text will not go through when you mistakenly type only in that field.

Do you have an iPhone or do you just message with the iPad?

May 28, 2015 1:01 PM in response to Wyrad

This is just a shot in the dark. If you use text mesaage forwarding, turn it off and then try deleting the texts again. You do that on the phone. Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding>iPad name>Off.

This shouldn't have any bearing but on the iPad try Settings>Messages>Message History>Keep Messages>30 days. Then try to delete them again.

Is there a simple way to delete all the text/imessages on my ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.