Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove auto installed programs

Hi,

So at my school they install a bunch of junk programs I don't need. Alice 2.2, Weatherbug, KidPix. Its just stupid of them to do this. Is there any way I can stop all of these junk programs from being auto installed on my accounts when I sync?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 28, 2015 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 8:50 AM

You are best to speak with your IT team, usually preinstalled applications have a reason to be there. IT departments usually take issue when users try to go around them and at some locations if you do something grave enough you can get in trouble as you usually sign some type of acceptable use policy that outlines what you can do with IT equipment during your onboarding process.

Best bet is if they will not remove or exempt you from this policy best to just leave well enough alone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2015 8:50 AM in response to Macteak

You are best to speak with your IT team, usually preinstalled applications have a reason to be there. IT departments usually take issue when users try to go around them and at some locations if you do something grave enough you can get in trouble as you usually sign some type of acceptable use policy that outlines what you can do with IT equipment during your onboarding process.

Best bet is if they will not remove or exempt you from this policy best to just leave well enough alone.

Remove auto installed programs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.