Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos never finishes uploading to iCloud

Hi everyone,

I've upgraded may mac to Yosemite 10.10.3 a month ago.

I activated iCloud Photo Library, after having subscribed for 200Gb of storage.

Everything looks fine, I can access all my photos from both my iPhone and my iPad.

However, Photos never finishes telling it is uploading my pics from my Mac. I have the same message in the pref. window for the last four weeks or so.

More than that, I have ONLY some 14000 pics in my Photos Library. So how comes Preferences indicates a much higher number of photos (on this screen shot 21773, in other cases 28000 which is twice the number of my pics!)

More than that, my internet provider fined me for having used more than my 200Gb monthly allowance. It seems as syncing has put itself into a never ending loop.

I've relaunched Photo app dozens of times, I restarted may mac again and again. The strange phenomenon goes on…

Thank you for any advice.

Olvy

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 28, 2015 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2015 4:10 AM

+ 1 - Same here. Have had Photos app running for what seems like weeks now, and it as if it has just started. Every time I check it, I think it will say finished, or something, but no, still uploading... more and more. Have signed out of iCloud, deleted everything in the iCloud photo library, done every troubleshooting step I could find on the web, and am losing patience.

Notice how the number uploading is actually greater than the total number of photos in my library, and yet the progress bar hasn't even emerged!

User uploaded file

Also, viewing Photos via iCloud on the web constantly shows 'updating' as well. What am I doing wrong?

User uploaded file

So I have no idea how many photos have actually made it into iCloud, no idea whether the uploading process will ever end, and no idea whether I can be sure that my photos are safely stored offsite. Not very impressed...

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2015 4:10 AM in response to olvy-bxl

+ 1 - Same here. Have had Photos app running for what seems like weeks now, and it as if it has just started. Every time I check it, I think it will say finished, or something, but no, still uploading... more and more. Have signed out of iCloud, deleted everything in the iCloud photo library, done every troubleshooting step I could find on the web, and am losing patience.

Notice how the number uploading is actually greater than the total number of photos in my library, and yet the progress bar hasn't even emerged!

User uploaded file

Also, viewing Photos via iCloud on the web constantly shows 'updating' as well. What am I doing wrong?

User uploaded file

So I have no idea how many photos have actually made it into iCloud, no idea whether the uploading process will ever end, and no idea whether I can be sure that my photos are safely stored offsite. Not very impressed...

Photos never finishes uploading to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.